New adidas Consortium in Store and Online Saturday 10.29.16
The Gazelle has travelled the globe. For almost five decades it has proved to be a sneaker that can endure performance on field and everyday wear: thrashed by skateboarders, worn by soccer/football fans, and on stage by rappers and guitarists. Generally perceived as a summer shoe, this iteration seeks to rebuff that.
Chicago is a style and cultural powerhouse but life in the Midwestern city requires apparel that functions. The city is known for its unpredictable weather and this Gazelle is designed to both withstand harsh conditions while still looking refined.
The subtle off-white suede upper has been treated to be water repellent and the lining is reinforced with a GORE-TEX® membrane - breathable and weather resistant – with a tongue gusset to keep the interior dry. Heel, collar and tongue are made from soft leather and the Gazelle’s classic silhouette is undisturbed by the design innovations.
This year the Gazelle is having a real moment with a contemporary style-conscious crowd. adidas Consortium and Saint Alfred have designed the shoe for 2016 with the understated treatment it deserves.
- off-white natural premium suede upper with water repellency treatment
- off-white soft leather on tongue, heel mustache, and collar lining
- GORE-TEX® lined for full water resistance and maximum breathability
- tongue gusset to prevent water from entering through eyelets
- small GORE-TEX® metal badge on lateral sides
- co-branded tongue labels
- adidas Consortium branded leather insole
- rubber outsole
- waxed cotton laces